Person of interest in disappearance of 4 men confesses to killings

16 July, 2017, 00:36 | Author: Ora Austin
  • Missing Dean Finocchiaro

Cosmo DiNardo, 20, was initially arrested on July 10 on a firearms possession charge unrelated to the cases of the missing men, CNN reported.

On late Wednesday, authorities found one of the bodies and also said they had found other human remains buried on DiNardo's parents farm.

DiNardo confessed to the killings on Thursday afternoon in exchange for prosecutors taking the death penalty off the table, his lawyer said.

Defense attorney Paul Lang said, "That full confession was so much that he admitted to his participation or the commission of the four murders".

Both Cosmo's cell phone and the phones belonging to both of his parents have been seized by investigators as they try to piece together a timeline of Cosmo's whereabouts since last Wednesday, when the first of the young men, Jimi Patrick, went missing.

Jimi Patrick, 19, Tom Meo, 21, Mark Sturgis, 22, and Dean Finocchairo, 19, all went missing sometime last week.

Weintraub said at a news conference on Wednesday, "I feel that we bought ourselves a little bit of time in charging Mr. Dinardo with the stolen auto case today", and he referenced that Dinardo's bail had been set at $5 million.

Wimbledon: Venus ends Konta's run, makes first final in 8 years
Williams, 37, is now the oldest Grand Slam singles finalist since Martina Navratilova finished runner-up at Wimbledon in 1994. I think she just showed her true qualities and why she's a five-time champion here, just a true champion that she is.

They have confirmed that the remains discovered are those of 19-year-old Dean Finocchiaro, one of the missing men.

DiNardo was prohibited from owning such a weapon, the document alleges, as he was "known to be suffering from a mental illness" following his involuntary commitment to a mental institution. They're working to identify other remains found in the same grave.

Video aired by KYW-TV showed Mr Dinardo emerging from a meeting with authorities and telling reporters "I'm sorry" when asked what he had to say to the families of the men. The DiNardo's also own a home in Bensalem Township and own a concrete contracting company. Patrick disappeared on Wednesday, and the three others on Friday.

NBC Philadelphia reported that police are investigating whether a 20-year-old who was arrested Monday on gun charges from February is connected to the incident, though he is not now considered a suspect. In seeking $5 million bail on a stolen vehicle charge this week, prosecutors said he had been diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Meo's friend, 20-year-old Eric Beitz, claimed DiNardo sold drugs, guns, and has bragged about a time when he had someone killed over a debt.

"We're not going to rest until we get through every inch of that property", Weintraub said, according to The Associated Press.

Recommended:



Popular

Erdogan: EU not indispensable, wasting Turkey's time
The 10 were accused of being members of an "armed terrorist organisation" - although Amnesty said it is unclear which one. Turkey also extended the detention of Amnesty International's local Director Idil Eser and nine others.

Agency says OPEC compliance with output cut fell in June
Prices drifted lower during Thursday's Asian session with buyers unable to make any impression. According to the latest estimates, compliance declined to 78% for June from 95% in May.

First group of Manitoba firefighters headed to BC to help battle wildfires
His daughter, Krystle Chambers, who lives on the same property, said the one-two punch of floods and fires was taking its toll. The fast-moving blaze destroyed one home and damaged another. "Most of those who have evacuated have not registered".

Flash flood warning issued for Chicago, north suburbs
A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for Broome, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Otsego, Tioga and Tompkins counties until 8 a.m. Areas of the state hit hard today could be most susceptible to flooding as rain comes through tonight and Friday .

Corruption Conviction Overturned for Ex-NY Assembly Speaker
He represented the 65th Assembly District for decades before being forced to relinquish his position after the conviction. He was forced to vacate the Assembly seat he'd held for nearly 40 years, and sentenced to 12 years in federal prison.